One….. It may seem so insufficient. But it is not. It only takes one to create a movement, to define a moment, or to make a difference in tomorrow.
One….. It is all a matter of perspective. So many things begin with one. One reason to seek to make a change. One opportunity to pave the way. One decision to stand up for a belief.
One has the ability to be so much more. One can cause a ripple effect. One can change the world as we know it.
It’s one bus ride. It’s one airplane trip. It’s one book written of a wizard. It’s one female presidential nominee. It’s one victory against the Romans. It’s one solicitude of black.
One…..Is pretty important you see.
I encourage you to tell your story. What is HERstory? What is your inner voice telling you? Find your fire and blow your own damn mind. Be your best G.O.A.T. (Gal Of All Time) and tell others how you created her.
If you think about characteristics of inspiring people– they all have a few things in common.
- Passion– An endless desire and yearning for what they believe. Their goal or mission embodies them.
- Commitment– Deeply involved. They focus on their desire until it becomes a reality.
- Guts-It takes courage to be a trailblazer when others criticize you. Thick skin is a must. They don’t chant, “I think I can.” They say, “I know I can.”
- Vision– They are driven and have a vision. How they navigate through all of the obstacles along the way makes the impossible possible.
- Authenticity– They have the ability to captivate people with their charisma. Others are drawn to them because of their powerful message or mission. They instill in us hope and stimulate our minds to think differently.
- Involvement– They include not exclude. They know there is strength in numbers. They encourage others to join.
- Progress– They adapt. They change. They evolve into what is needed. They have a deep sense of perseverance.
- Failure– Yes, they fail. They use it to their advantage to grow, to learn, to flourish. They find another way to make it happen. Turning setbacks into comebacks.
One of my favorite quotes inspires me often. When the voice in my head has doubt, I remember this.
“We are all living in a cage with the door wide open” -George Lucas
One day or day one. You decide.
Ready to LIVE HERstory?